Monday, August 04, 2008

Summer

So as I think I mentioned previously, I have been working at It's A Grind, the lovely coffeeshop down the street. I enjoy it, as far as those types of jobs are concerned... certainly better than Juice It Up and Maui Wowi. One reason is because I'm working with college students rather than high school students.

However, I have been looking for other jobs. I'm getting bored making coffee. =) I think I will stay here for about a year to work at a "real" job, save money, start paying off large(ish) chunks of my loans, gain work experience, etc. Then I would like to move on to somewhere else. Who knows where, but somewhere.

Oh, but I am going to take a conversational Spanish class this September/October through the adult education program, and I am also going to supplement my learning with a program called Rosetta Stone to learn the grammer/spelling etc aspect of it as well as conversation. I am also thinking about joining BSF. Sadly, there are no young adult ones in our area, so I will go to the women's one. Which is fine, but I just hope that there are some younger women there too so I'm not the youngest by far.

Hmm, what else... oh yes, Shallowbrook. It was good, as was the water-ski weekend beforehand. Des Moines conference is blurry because I was so tired. =) But I enjoyed myself... had some good discussions with some friends; those moments tend to be my best memories.

I couldn't go to Lassen this year... first time in 10 years. Dumb work! So I spent the week by myself. I survived, however, and it was probably a learning experience. I now know that I would not be very good at living alone. Actually, I would probably lose a lot of weight since I was too lazy to cook things for myself, haha.

Otherwise... nothing new under the sun. For your entertainment, here is a picture. Attractive!






No comments: