Sunday, August 10, 2008

Some Quotes to Share

Here are some quotes I have enjoyed recently.

"Faith is obedience, not confidence."
--Malcolm, in George MacDonald's book The Marquis' Secret

"Tell God you are ready to be offered, and God will prove Himself to be all you ever dreamed He would be."
"In our abandonment we give ourselves over to God just as God gave Himself for us, without any calculation. The consequences of abandonment never enter into our outlook because our life is taken up with Him."
"God has ventured all in Jesus Christ to save us; now He wants us to venture our all in abandoned confidence in Him."
--Oswald Chambers

"What am I to do? I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good work, therefore, any kindness, or any service I can render to any soul of man... let me do it now. Let me not neglect or defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
--An Old Quaker Saying

"To hold fast to God with one hand, while you open wide the other to your neighbor-- that is true religion and undefiled, that is the law and the prophets, that is to live the life Jesus came to teach us about and to demonstrate to us."
--Curate Thomas Wingfold in George MacDonald's book The Lady's Confession

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely lovely.
i feel like i should say something smart