Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Random Thoughts and a Justification

A new look! I know this won't go over very well with some of you (especially those of you who did not want me to do it pink when I redid it the first time), but let me offer my reasoning.
1) It's my blog. I can do what I want.
2) I am tired of "masculine" colors of blue and green. If anyone has noticed, almost all I have worn for the past few years is blue. Just recently, I have tried to have a more varied wardrobe, but I still tend to buy blue things. A lot of my decor in my room is black and white (zebra!), so that can get bland as well. Basically, I wanted COLOR!
3) I like pink. Even though this is a little bright. At least it's not that horrible peptobismal (sp??) color. Ew.
4) It's something way different than anyone else's blog.
5) Maybe my writings will seem more interesting with the bright background.

--

Does anyone else feel really lazy today? I feel like doing... not homework. I don't know what I feel like doing, but homework is not involved, whatever it is.

--

Intramural basketball starts tonight, but Janelle, Jill, and I forgot to sign up for it. Plus, we need a few guys to play on our team because it's coed. The problem is, none of us know any guys. If Janelle and Jill still want to play, we could probably show up at the gym tonight, and see if any guys forgot to sign up. But I'm debating about whether to play or not. We play so late at night that I'm going to be exhausted every day. I need my sleep!

--

Today was the last day to sign up for the mission teams. At some point, I really want to go on one (I am going to before I leave here), but I feel that I need to work this summer and build up my bank account. But I still want to go! Shelby needs more people on her team to go to Romania, and it's just the kind of work I want to do. They're working at an orphanage, holding babies who sometimes get left in their crib all day long. Many suffer from mental retardation from lack of physical touch. I would love to go on that trip! Hopefully, they'll offer the same program, or at least one similar to it, in the future. What makes not going worse is that Annette is going (though on a different team), and Sarah is very seriously considering it. I feel that it's the Lord's will that I go sometime, but I don't believe this summer is the right time. It's so hard to stay behind, though, especially when there is such a great need.
I want to do so many things in my life, that it seems like there's not enough time to do it all. The next 3.5 years of my life are pretty much mapped out, as far as I can tell. School, with at least one summer mission trip. But the hard thing about the mission trips is that I would be gone for half the summer. I would miss so much at home! Well actually, I don't really do much the first half of summer. Most the teams get back before Shallowbrook, so I could still go there and Lassen.
Ok, I'm tangenting. Where was I? Oh yes. I have a general plan of what I would like to do with my life, but it's fitting everything else in that's the problem. One thing I really, really want to do is travel. I want to see all the places I've read about in books, seen in pictures, and watched in movies. I want to see the Eiffel Tower, the Coleseum (sp), Petra, St. Petersburg, Big Ben, Venice, Moscow, Berlin etc etc. Plus all my other wonderful plans. *sigh* So much to do, not enough time to do it.

--

Now, back to homework...


Verse the of the day (VotD)
"We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us." (2 Cor 4:7)


6 comments:

Cate said...

Heh. My problem is "So much to do, not enough money to do it." Travel is so darn expensive.
And don't let anyone knock you for the pink. Yay pink! :) And blue and green are not masculine, don't fall into that kind of essentialist thinking. If you feel green, use green. If you feel fuschia, use fuschia. More power to you.

burndive said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
burndive said...

We must find the real Stephanie and destroy this Mattel android that has taken over her life before it kills us all!

Ahh, the comment form is a relief to my eyes. Maybe I'll read your posts from here from now on in protest.

"The Stephanator AKA **Bull Dog** Copper Top** Freckles** Aluminum"
Yeah, that's real girlie-girl.

What happened to the saucy red-head? I don't think she can be this easily repressed. If this continues, the situation might be pink, but it sure won't be pretty.

Didn't you used to have a pink bathroom in your house? Did you learn nothing from that experience?

Okay, I'm still a bit bitter, but I'll stop. I respect your control over your own blog, even if I don't approve of the way you do it.

Caleb said...

Aluminum NOOOOOOO

My retina's are burning. My blog is colorful, crimson and grey GO COUGS, but is not offensive. I leave the offensive part to my posts, like the numma numma dance.

Well I guess I am going to subscribe to your RSS feed and do all my reading from my news reader app.

beck said...

*smirk* I am a supporter of the pink. In fact, I have changed my blog style to support Steph's decision to have pink. */smirk*

Anonymous said...

Mayah heeee, mayah hooo, mayah haaaa, mayah ha ha.