Friday, December 03, 2004

I Can't Think Of An Interesting Title

I hate English. He told me he liked my paper. And I wrote just how my mommy taught me. And did he like it? No. He doesn’t like introductory paragraphs. They’re too fluffy. Get straight to the point, it’s the American way.

--

At least our lobby looks totally AWESOME!! We decorated last night, painting a fireplace mural, decorating the tree, stringing lights, etc. Michelle and I hung snowflakes and green crepe paper along the ceiling and decorated around the doorframe. Oh, we even have snow!! Mary and Emily strung cotton balls on thread and- *GASP!!* The hippopotamus song is on!!! “I want a hippopotamus for Christmas!” Oh my goodness, I love that song! And I was just singing it (or at least trying to) earlier!! *thinks fondly of the memories of sitting upstairs at Beck’s grandparents house, listening to such songs* So yeah, Mary and Emily strung cotton balls on thread and hung it from the ceiling to make it look like it’s snowing. It’s pretty effective! And the whole lobby looks just fabulous! I wrapped the TV (which no one watches) to look like a present, and Sarah made a huge bow for the top. I am now filled with Christmas spirit. Maybe I should dye my hair bright red and green. With silver highlights. Just kidding, everyone!!! I promise I will not dye my hair like that!! *shudder*

--

I get to be a true nerd tonight. I’m going to a psych club party. Isn’t that totally geeky??? (Ok, I just sounded like a valley girl. “Like, oh my gosh. Isn’t that, like, totally geeky??”) But anyway, I’m going with two of my friends, so it’s all good. Sarah and I were watching A Beautiful Mind a few weeks ago. We had just learned about psychological disorders, so we analyzed the movies as we watched. At one point we looked at each other and started busting up. “We are the biggest nerds on campus!!” It was great. And we’ve caught ourselves doing similar things other times. *sigh* I’m turning into a nerd. Oh well. We’re smarter, right? *ignoring the first paragraph*

--

Hooray!! It’s Friday!! Now only 2 more weeks until I’m DONE with school!! Until January, that is. Cate, I envy you. Only a few more days. Which is really quite unfortunate for me (to be envying you), because I still have a few more years to go. Bring on the weekend!!


--

Hi, Chris!!


4 comments:

Cate said...

Yeah, it takes a little while to get to know the quirks of different professors and how they like you to write your papers. But as a rule, the whole introductory paragraph as we learned as kids (the broad to narrow thing) is pretty much outdated--now they want a thesis and not much else to start your papers off.
I'm sorry you're jealous. :) Although I have to say, although I won't miss the stress and the homework, I'm really going to miss being here and having a more or less comfortable routine. It's kind of like standing on a cliff blindfolded, waiting for someone to push you off...there could either be pillows or rocks at the bottom and you're hoping desperately for pillows :)

Anonymous said...

Hi too you too! You ain't the only one that hates English so don't feel too bad. I ain't learned nothing 'bout writting neither. I think the red and green with silver highlights would look good..of course all you need is the greeen and silver. :) There isn't a thing wrong with being a nerd...as long as you are a fun nerd. :) Well have fun with your weekend.
----Chris

Anonymous said...

Analyzing "Beautiful Mind" isn't so bad. =) THe other night i overheard a bunch of people here discussing the plural form of the Greek root of various car names (Is Lexi the plural for a Lexus??) .. that's nerdy!! =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph!

Analyzing "Beautiful Mind" isn't so bad. =) THe other night i overheard a bunch of people here discussing the plural form of the Greek root of various car names (Is Lexi the plural for a Lexus??) .. that's nerdy!! =)

~elise