Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Brief Reflections on School and Men

(This should be interesting)

--

Two and a half weeks until I’m done with my first semester of college. Weird. It has gone by so fast. When I was in HS, it seemed like the people in college were in school forever. I felt like I hardly ever saw Sazzly, and Beck was always down with us. Did each of you feel like the semesters just flew by? I can’t believe I’m almost done. Of course, I have three and a half more years to go, but yeah.

--

I watched Kate & Leopold (sp?) tonight. What a cute movie!! And Leopold is such a gentleman! Though I’d prefer my man (whoever he may be) to NOT be named Leopold. Ew. While we’re on the subject of gentlemen, Janelle and I have found The Perfect Man. Mr. Knightly. Friend first, even though he is attracted to her (Emma). Always start as friends. Especially good, honest friends. And! he waits patiently until she is ready. It’s so considerate. Well, now you know a little bit of my position on men/dating etc. Mr. Knightly ROCKS!!!

--

Ok, well. Obviously, it is far too late for me to be up. I am now going to bed. I have an early class in the morning. G’night, all!
Unfortunately, I’m not even tired…

7 comments:

beck said...

Mr. Darcy! He was hopelessly devoted from day one!
"And your parents...? How is your sister? ...... and your family is well? I hope your parents are well?"
That's my favorite part. =)

Stephanator said...

Mr. Darcy is dashing too, but which would you really want for a husband (besides Josh)? A friend, or someone who was too proud and thought he was above you? Although it is rather touching to see Mr. Darcy finally unable to resist the charms of Lizzy. But I still prefer Mr. Knightly for me. You can have Mr. Darcy. =)
I would quote something, but I can't think of anything. Poo.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Darcy is far superior to Mr. Knightly, especially since he was only 8 years older than Lizzie instead of 16 like Mr. Knightly was than Emma. Now THAT's gross. In my opinion. I hope I don't offend anyone that likes someone sixteen years older than themsleves. Oh, Steph, you might get to be home for my recital! How exciting for you! Not really, but oh well. Pray for my sprained ankle everyone!!!


Abby

burndive said...

Mr. Knightly: "I ...have been in love with you since you were thirteen at least." Let's see... 13 + 16 = 29. Ew, eew, eeew! Creepy. I'm going to have to vote Darcy. Of course, I basically AM Darcy.

Anonymous said...

Was going to make a remark about Abby's comment...but decided to bite my tongue...

=)
TAB

beck said...

But the story doesn't STOP when they get married! No! That's when it just starts! And then they can be friends and friends and friends. They already see things so much the same they just haven't talked about it and now that they see it, it's wonderful! *sigh*

And, you commenting boys make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

How about Edward Ferrars or Colonel Brandon from sense and sensibility? Ok, so Edward was just a *bit* deceitful...not good...but Colonel Brandon is such a gentleman! ~love! Sarah