Monday, November 29, 2004

A Thanksgiving Recap

But first, a little comment on today. *ahem*
We had our Christmas tree lighting ceremony tonight. The choir- ‘scuse me- choral sang some Christmas carols while we ate junk food and made Christmas ornaments. I made two Christmas balls, one for Janelle and one for me. Janelle’s turned out pretty good, and mine was really bad. We were supposed to hang our artwork on the tree, but I took mine back to the room instead. Hehe. But I wasn’t the only one who did that! =)

--

The temperature here is very, very different from what it is at home. Does it ever get to be 35 degrees at home?? No, it doesn’t. Ever. This is crazy. Thank you, Mom, for my scarf!! In case you’re interested, I need a blue one, a white one, a pink one, and any other color you might wish to make me. =D Scarves are wonderful things. I’ve never had to use one before now. They’re kinda fun. A nice accessory.

--

Ok, now onto Thanksgiving.
I flew in on Tuesday night, getting home around 11:00 or so. By the time we talked and I showed pictures etc, it was midnight when I went to bed.

I got up and 7:00 the next morning and went out to breakfast with Kels which was SO FUN! We definitely have to do that when I get back.
I got back from breakfast at 10:30, and then Mom, Abby, and I went shopping for a couple things. *GASP* I almost forgot. Guess what I got at the local swap meet??!?! A zebra suitcase! A big one! So now I have a large purse (thank you, Beck!), a duffel bag (thank you, Liz!), and a suitcase (thank you, Mom! Happy Birthday to me!), all with zebra print. Almost a complete luggage set. There was a bigger zebra suitcase too, but it was too expensive. And I don’t need one that big. *laughs hysterically* Yeah, right.
So basically, I just puttered around on Wednesday. It was so nice to be able to just relax and not do any homework!!
Thursday was Thanksgiving (duh) which was spent at Grandma’s with the family. Some of the fam have moved up to Idaho/Washington, so it was different this year without them. But we still had a good time. Food was wonderful and just had a good time together.
I went shooting on Friday which was a blast (haha, I’m so funny!). It was my first time, so I was a little nervous, but it was fun. I shot a Mosin-Nagant M44 first thing (thanks a lot, Mistablades and Liz). I had a red mark on my shoulder for awhile. I also shot a .22, a 12 gauge shotgun and a .38 Special. Hopefully that means something to someone. Doesn’t mean much to me, except that one went BANG and the other went bang and the other went pop. =D I shot a couple other things I think, but I don't remember what they were.
I also went to a surprise party for Mrs. Boyd (Happy Birthday!!), watched part of the USC football game (don’t worry, we beat Notre Dame 41-10 and are still #1), and went to Bible study in the course of the next couple days. So I had a busy, but fun weekend. And it was so good to see everyone!!

--

Elise, thank you for the note. I would comment on your Xanga, but alas, I don’t have an account. I usually comment in my head. So I do comment, but it just doesn’t get to you! =)

--

It’s 11pm, and I have an early class tomorrow, so I’m going to bed. Goodnight!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acctually the temperature down here was quite cool as well. The temp. in Corona was about 30 overnight and it was 27 when I left for work this morning.

Niloticus

Stephanator said...

Good gravy! That IS cold! I somehow lost my WeatherBug... How irritating. Now I don't know what the temp is.