Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Percolate Your Mind: The Ultimate Story

So about a month ago, I was happily working when a nice lady came in and started chatting with another customer. I overheard her saying that she graduated with her BA in Psychology, so I chimed in and mentioned that I had as well.

She proceeded to ask me if I was going to get my Master's, which I want to do at some point. I also mentioned my internship at the foster family agency. She THEN asked if I enjoyed traveling. I said that I didn't mind...

"Well," she said, "my company is hiring right now. You should put in your resume and cover letter, and mention my name so it goes to the top of the stack."

Sweet.

So I did. And they called me two days later for an interview. What they didn't tell me was it was a panel interview which TOTALLy freaked me out. I thought I did a terrible job, but apparently it wasn't too bad because they called me in for a second interview about a week later. This was a more casual interview (thank goodness!).

And then they offered me a job. YAY! So I accepted, and now have a "big girl" job. Salary, benefits, everything. Woo! I start on Monday the 8th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Steph! Congratulations! That's awesome! Can't wait to hear more about your new job; especially about the traveling part.

Anonymous said...

congrats again

:)

o! would you please tell gwen that she should change the comment options on her blog so other people can actually talk to her?