Sunday, January 16, 2005

Roller Coaster

The bad thing about coming back to school is all the stupid homesickness emotions I go through each time. It's so annoying. Why can't I just come back to school and be calm with the whole thing?? But no, I have to be all weepy every time I get stressed, frustrated, or lonely. What's really irritating is that I am virtually never this moody at home. The only time (recently) that I have been tempted to cry is when I was thinking about coming back. The weird thing is, I feel like I should be here at this school. I feel totally at peace with my decision to attend here. And I love the girls I hang out with! They're such awesome friends! But it's so emotional and hard to come back. Bah humbug with emotions!! *grrr*

--

So I wake up this morning all weepy (see above paragraph for the reason). I wait until my roommate *finally* leaves to actually cry. I feel gross, I have terrible morning breath because of my retainers, and just want to sleep for a few weeks or years. I stagger out of bed and turn the water on. But no water comes out. What is going on?? Let's try the other sink. No luck. Shower? Good heavens, the water is turned off!! Of all the mornings. Why me?? Roommate comes back, I ask what's going on. Sewer problems. Every single dorm has had their water turned off. Great. Thankfully, I had bottles of water, so I brushed my teeth with that. Well, I brushed my teeth with a toothbrush, but I used the water from the water bottle. Just so you're not confused. =)

--

After getting my homework together, I went over to Sarah's room to do homework over there. All my roommates were gone, so I was going to be terribly lonely doing homework all by myself. How depressing. It's so much better to do it with someone! As long as they don't talk all the time. But Sarah doesn't, so it's all good.

--

We did mucho hw, then got invited to a party. It was a mask party, so we (fairly) quickly made a mask out of that foam stuff. (Masquerade, masquerade! All the faces on parade! Masquerade!) (Or words similar thereto.) We met Fred (inside joke).

--

After a quick shower (hooray! The water's back on!), we went to, what we have termed, The Awkward Party. Everyone kinda knew/recognized each other, but no one knew anyone else well enough to make things fun. So we left, went to Starbuck's, and studied there for 3 hours. It was SO COLD!! I just about froze. I had my scarf up around my mouth and nose to keep warm. And I never took my jacket off. *brr*

--

After we got back from Starbuck's (10:20ish), we decided we should probably run off the caffeine and get another day of exercise in for our Fitness and Wellness class. So we jogged for half an hour in the rain. At first, I was freezing, but soon enough I found that I had overdressed and was sweating. So that made me wet inside and out. Sweat and rain, what a lovely combination.

--

I just had a refreshing shower and am now ready to go to bed. I have to get up early for church in the morning and I have difficult homework to do. *groan*

--

Oh yeah, to end on a cheerful note: Even though the day started out rough (ok, really rough) it ended happily. I had a great time with Sarah, she's a riot. You all should meet her some time. (Beck, she was the one in her room, packing. The homeschooler [Hooray for homeschoolers!].) It was great to spend some more one-on-one time with her and get to know her better. She is an awesome woman of the Lord. Such an encouragement to me!

Goodnight, all!

3 comments:

Cate said...

No heater at Starbucks? What is this world coming to?

Stephanator said...

It's not so much a lack of a heater, it's the BLASTING of the AC. It's, like, 40 degrees, people! Good heavens.

burndive said...

Don't you get it? You're supposed to buy more coffee to warm yourself up! Come on, people, do your part to keep capitalism afloat--oh, wait, nevermind... homeschoolers.