Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Well, there's a first time for everything

My 2 friends and I were sitting in Starbucks last night (per usual), and one of the baristas walked up to us on her way out.

"Hey," she shyly pointed and me and asked, "are you a cheerleader at APU?"

"Uh, no," I responded. I began to wonder what the APU cheerleaders looked like.

"Not any of you?" she her point included all three of us.

"Nooo."

"Well, you look just like the girls on the cheer team at APU. How funny!"

We weren't sure how to take that. I said that I was going to take it as a complement, and while my one friend seemed a bit disturbed by the comparison, my other friend reassured us by saying, "She's complementing our looks; she couldn't have heard our conversation." And even if she had, there was no basis for thinking we were stereotypical cheerleaders. *phew*

No comments: