Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Well, the Lord does answer prayer

I did a dumb thing last night. I prayed for something I didn't really want.

"Lord," I prayed/sighed, "if you really want me to go to the gym in the morning, wake me up at 6:30. But I'm setting my alarm for 8:00."

I didn't really want to go to the gym, which is why I set my alarm for 8:00-- much too late to make it to the gym, work out, then come home and shower before work. What a tragedy.

But no. At promptly 6:30 this morning, I woke up, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (relatively speaking). Most mornings at 6:30 I groggily hit snooze on my alarm clock, but this morning I was surprisingly awake.

"Ugh," I thought, "I don't want to go to the gym. My bed is nice and warm. But I did pray that prayer last night... Dang it."

So I went to the gym. It seemed like I would be directly disobeying God if I didn't-- after all, I had asked Him to wake me up.

"Hey, God, tell me to do something that's really good for me!"
"Ok. Hey Stephanie, do something that's really good for you."
"No thanks."

No comments: